Skin abscess is commonly known as boils. The boils occur due to bacterial infection. Moreover, the bacterium that causes this skin infection is clinically known as staphylococci. Furthermore, the infected area becomes swollen due to the accumulation of pus and dead tissues underneath skin. In addition, the infected skin is red in color, pus filled and the size may range from pea-size to golf-ball size. And, the yellow or white point at the centre of infected area can be seen when boil is about to discharge pus. The home remedies for skin abscess are very effective in getting rid of the bacterial infection.
Many people suffer from this skin infection, and it is important to understand the causes of this dreadful dermatological problem. Firstly, the most common cause of this problem is poor hygienic condition of skin. Secondly, poor nutrition due to which the metabolism of the body gets disturbed. Thirdly, weak immune system is prone to the infections. Fourthly, any underlying disease may also lead to the skin infection, for example diabetes. Many people have successfully eliminated the skin infection with the help of home remedies for skin abscess.
Although the boils are clearly visible, but there many reasons due to which the particular area of skin might get swollen, that is why it is important to understand the symptoms of skin infection. Firstly, the skin swells due to accumulation of pus in it, and as the amount of pus increases the boils become softer, larger and painful. Secondly, within few days a pocket of pus forms on the top of boils. Thirdly, the infected areas redden. Fourthly, the lymph nodes become swollen.
In addition, in rare cases a person may suffer from fever. Indeed there are many home remedies for skin abscess but, only most effective remedies are mentioned ahead.
1. Mix a cup of bitter gourd juice with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice. Drink this mixture in the morning in an empty stomach.
2. Apply garlic juice on the affected areas to evacuate the pus. It is one of the most effective home remedies for skin abscess treatment.
3. Mix 1 teaspoon of milk cream with 1 teaspoon of vinegar. Also add a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply this mixture on the affected area for elimination of infection.
4. Take some grounded cumin seeds, and add water to form a paste. Applying this paste on affected areas to treat the infection is one of the most beneficial home remedies for skin abscess.
5. Steep parsley in boiling water until it turns soft and juicy. Wrap the seeds in a linen cloth, and apply it as poultice.
6. Roast the dry roots of turmeric, and dissolve the ashes in 1 cup of water. Apply it on affected areas to ripen boils.
In conclusion, the above mentioned home remedies for skin abscess might prove beneficial in each case of boils but, preventions can prevent you from recurrent attacks of this skin infection. Firstly, it is advised to take a well balanced diet so that the body can acquire the necessary nutrients. Secondly, keep your digestive system healthy by exercising for at least half an hour in a day. Finally, avoid faulty heating habits, for instance too oily and too spicy foods should be avoided.
Read more useful Home Remedies for Skin Abscess. Also know useful Natural Home Remedies for Skin Care. Read effective Home Remedies for Skin Damage.